It’s official: Facebook files for it’s IPO
As reported last week, Facebook has just made it official by filing for their Initial Public Offering. The IPO filed just a few minutes ago is for $5 billion. The actual valuation of Facebook at this point is still not known, as the value of the shares haven’t been published yet.
Initial estimates value the social network at $100 billion, which will make Zuckerberg worth $24 billion. As part of the filing, Facebook released new information about the service, such as it’s now up to a staggering 845 million users, which about half login to Facebook every day. In 2011, Facebook recorded $3.71 billion in revenue.
Some additional details published by Facebook in the filing:
- We had 845 million MAUs as of December 31, 2011, an increase of 39% as compared to 608 million MAUs as of December 31, 2010.
- We had 483 million daily active users (DAUs) on average in December 2011, an increase of 48% as compared to 327 million DAUs in December 2010.
- We had more than 425 million MAUs who used Facebook mobile products in December 2011.
- There were more than 100 billion friend connections on Facebook as of December 31, 2011.
- Our users generated an average of 2.7 billion Likes and Comments per day during the three months ended December 31, 2011.