The fallout around data privacy scandals has put Facebook in a tough spot. After CEO Mark Zuckerberg spent two days testifying before Congress, what’s next? We dig into that question, and what the hearings really told us, on this episode of the Week in Geek — including how it may reshape the tech economy.
Plus, Uber is remaking its image after a scandal-filled year, thanks in no small part to its new CEO, Dara Khosrowshahi. The company’s growing Seattle presence and its reaction to a fatal crash involving one of its autonomous vehicles are both topics of note this week.
Listen to the full episode in the player below or subscribe to the GeekWire podcast in your favorite podcast app.
This week’s stories:
- Facebook faces Congress: 5 key takeaways from Mark Zuckerberg’s hearing
- Facebook at Congress, Day 2: Watch Zuckerberg field questions on regulation, privacy, and elections
- Congresswoman lists 6 things Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg says he doesn’t know, but really should
- Uber in Seattle: 15K drivers, 800K riders, and 200-person engineering office — with plans to grow
- Uber CEO Dara Khosrowshahi: self-driving cars today are ‘student drivers,’ will ultimately be safer than humans